Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh is an economist of international repute with over 38 years of experience in economic policymaking, management and implementation. His work experience includes:
- Harvard University, Cambridge
- The World Bank, where he was country head for Saudi Arabia and as a Senior Official advised 21 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America
- Minister for Finance, Planning and Development, Sindh Province, Pakistan (2000-03)
- Three times elected Member of the Senate of Pakistan (2003, 2010, 2012)
- Federal Minister for Investment and Privatization, Pakistan (2003-06)
- Federal Minister for Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Planning & Development (2010-13)
- General Partner, international investment fund
- Dr. Shaikh was awarded Pakistan’s “Man of the Year” in 2004 by the business community in recognition of his contributions to the country.
- His three years as the Federal Minister for Privatisation & Investment (2003-2006) were the most successful in Pakistan’s history. 34 transactions worth over US $ 5 billion were completed in a transparent fashion.
- He was a highly regarded member of the Senate of Pakistan and was Chairman of the Senate’s Committee on World Trade Organization.
- Advised governments in Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Romania, Czech Republic, Iran, Kuwait, Argentina, Bangladesh, Jordan, Qatar, Malta, Botswana, Tanzania, Ghana and Libya.
- Dr. Shaikh has a Ph. D in economics.